Bertrand PHILIBERT was born in Châlons-en-Champagne, France.
He lives and works in Fleurier, Switzerland and in Châlons-en-Champagne.
He likes to travel through Nature and cities, to integrate himself into them and to understand how Man interacts with them.
It is first within Biology that he deepens his knowledge of the world and interactions within living things. He obtained a D.E.A. (Master II) in Endocrinology.
His passion for the living led him to take an interest in the use of raw materials in art, particularly wood.
The discovery of the work of the architect Louis I. Kahn - in particular the Exeter, New Hampshire Library - was a decisive moment for him.
So when he was offered the opportunity to artistically implement raw materials - wood and stainless steel - via the position of Construction and Quality Manager for the facades of the Bibliothèque Nationale de France in Paris, he accepted with enthusiasm.
Wood is the preferred medium for his painting and the natural ally in the pursuit of his work.
Tinted, it lets its veins shine through, its depth and its changing reflections, radiating the paintings of natural rhythm.
Its organic, natural and random frame textures the touches of paintings with infinite nuances.
In this universe, the characters merge through the transparency of their bodies with matter, space and emptiness, revealing to us their deep belonging to the world.
Cities reveal to us their vertical, atmospheric impetus, all their extent inviting us to explore new territories as promises from elsewhere, to meet people and things.
The fragility of memory traces, their gradual erasure, appear in translucent gradients.
Trace of the moment when the brush touches the work in progress, and deposits in a single gesture, like a crystallized imprint, a calligraphic memory pixel.
New perceptions can arise, the world lets glimpse its changing nature, another rhythm of things can shine through.
Musée Jenisch Vevey - 2021
Photo by Catherine GRIMM
Artistic residency & awards
- Winner, Prix Banque Populaire, ''Les Noëls de l'Art'' , Reims. F
- First Prize Winner - Prix Ville de
Reims, ''Les Noëls de
l'Art'' - Les 800 ans de la cathédrale de Reims, Reims. F
- «Bleu Festival», Tourism Office, Châlons-en-Champagne. F
- «Bords de Saône», Aux Deux Terrasses, Gray. F
- «Découverte», Banque Populaire, Reims. F
Selected group exhibitions
2022, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017
- Chapelle des Annonciades, Pontarlier. F
- «Saint Loup vante l'Art», Pompidou Public Library, Châlons-en-Champagne. F
- Winter Fair, Rosières. F
- Art Fair, Troyes. F
- «Exposition d'Art», Chapelle St Étienne, avec Galerie PICTURA-Besançon, Beaune. F
- Autumn Fair Nicolas Feuillate, Epernay, F
- Art Fair, Troyes. F
- «Fragments d'automne», Salle Suzanne Tourte, Reims-Cormontreuil. F
- «Rétrospective of the 10 years of the contest ''Les Noëls de l'Art''», Tourism Office, Reims. F
Guest Artist among the 1st prize winners - Prix Ville de Reims
2014, 2012, 2011
- «Les Noëls de l'Art», Tourism Office, Reims. F
- European Heritage Days, Marne Guild Chamber, Reims. F
2013 - 2012
- European Days of Crafts, Marne Guild Chamber, Reims. F
2011 - 2016
- International Fair - Art Center, Châlons-en-Champagne. F
- FRANCE BLEU CHAMPAGNE-ARDENNE - Denis LAUSSAC
- RADIO MAU-NAU - Châlons-en-Champagne - Sandrine GILLET
- Devote himself only to painting
1995 - 2011
- Applier Artist - Painter Decorator
1993 - 1995
- Construction and Quality Manager for the façades of the Bibliothèque Nationale de France, Paris
- Architectural draftsman, Rinaldi Structal, Paris
- D.E.A. (Master II) in Endocrinology - Collège de France / Université Paris Sud 11 (Faculté de Médecine Kremlin-Bicêtre)
1979 - 1992
- Alternate organist - Châlons-en-Champagne Cathedral - 1979 à 1992
Secretary an member of the ''Association des métiers d'Art et des Artistes de Champagne-Ardenne'' - 2013 / 2019
Member of the jury of the ''Concours des Métiers d'Art, Foire internationale, Châlons-en-Champagne''. F - 2018, 2015
Member of the Marne Guild Chamber, Reims - SIRET : 452 755 333 00013 - Since 2004
© 2022 Bertrand PHILIBERT - All Rights Reserved